Sunday, February 7, 2010

Women and Baboons

Oh Boy! As soon as I decide to be more active in regards to making art, school comes on to me like a fat guy wants pizza. I've done a number of things since my last post, most are still WIPs so I'll show them when/if they ever get done. Here a few sketches and studies just to keep this page active.

The two above are from a week I decided to try and do a portrait study every day. I got tired of the task pretty quickly and most weren't worth scanning. The two above were the only ones I did in ink. I like how the second one came out... even if the woman came out looking like a prince in a painting I can't recall the name of. The first one I found funny to draw since the sitter had a ridiculous amount of dead animals on her.


I've been in a bit of a cartoony kick lately. Here's an angry mandrill I rather like. The front view could use some work for sure. I discovered while painting this that my new sketchbook is not suited for acrylic. At least not in the way I use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment